Fancy another boozy fudge recipe to tingle your tastebuds? This time we’re taking a trip to Tennessee, and using a couple dashes straight from the bottle we’ll make some warming whiskey fudge recipes that will give you an inner glow.
Jack Daniels whiskey mixture fudge can be made by adding a couple shots of whiskey into a cooled boiled fudge mix at the point where it is ready to be beaten. You can start off with a traditional fudge recipe or add the Jack Daniels to a microwavable chocolate fudge mixture.
In this recipe post, we’ve made 2 types of Jack Daniel’s fudge, so choose wisely! If you’re feeling gutsy and have taken a few swigs of JD already, then you’re probably up for the trickier of the two. Traditional fudge will require strong arms to beat the fudge and a keen eye to keep steady on the candy thermometer.
If, however, you’re bursting for your fudge fix, then the ease of microwaving might just do the trick. With just 4 ingredients how could you give this a miss.
However, if you’re prone to sweet tooth cravings or have a crowd to feed, then why not make both of these easy fudge recipes? Go on, we insist.
What is Jack Daniels?
Jack Daniels to this current date (2022) is the world’s best-selling whiskey. The Old No. 7 is the signature whiskey drink that this infamous brand is known for.
This signature whiskey is smooth to the throat with a charcoal undertone, as it has been dripped through ten feet of charcoal. It offers a sweet smokey scent that will warm your senses.
Is Jack Daniels a good whiskey?
It depends on your whiskey palette and the notes you prefer. Arguably, some will say that Jack Daniels is more of a bourbon, though contrary to belief it remains as a whiskey.
Some with a more refined whiskey palette often prefer something more mellow and not as sharp as JD. If you prefer other types of whisky, make this whisky fudge recipe.
Jack Daniels is a good whiskey staple to have in your whiskey collection as it offers a popular alcoholic choice which more than a few will gravitate towards.
Is Jack Daniels good for your health?
Whiskey, in general, is a low calorie alcohol, which coincidentally is low in sugar too. So you may want to opt for this beverage over the vodka. Furthermore, it has high levels of polyphenol (a plant antioxidant), which may decrease the risk of heart disease.
This does not mean that you can consume our Jack Daniels fudge in large amounts, as the whiskey will not counteract the high sugar quantity!
Disclaimer: We are not health or nutritional professionals. For health and medical advice please seek assistance from certified Doctors who can assist you.
Is Jack Daniels good for beginners?
Jack Daniels makes a great introduction to whiskey novices. If you’re trying to get into drinking whiskey, then JD might be the place you start with.
A known brand which sits respectably on the booze shelf amongst the rest, it is an affordable liquor that isn’t heavy on the wallet! Plus, it is easy to to drink, quite smooth on the tongue and throat and can be mixed or drunk neat over ice. Personally, we prefer it mixed with cola as a classic JD mixture.
Jack Daniels is a drink for sharing – just like our fudge – so even when you’ve added a dash a two to our recipes, there will plenty left to enjoy with friends and family (provided you are of age to drink that is).
Traditional Jack Daniels Fudge
Deep caramel notes accompanied by the charcoal smoke of Jack Daniels – what more could you want? And all in the form of a brown sugar based fudge. This traditional Jack Daniels fudge is rich, sweet, slightly crumbly and utter perfection.
Equipment and Tools for making Whiskey Fudge
(see Amazon equipment and tool prices via links)
8x8inch Prepared baking tray (lined with parchment paper)Print
Jack Daniels Fudge | Jack Daniels Whiskey Fudge Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 65 minutes
- Yield: 36 pieces 1x
- Category: Recipes
- Cuisine: Confectionary
- 2 cups Golden caster sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 TSP Vanilla extract
- 4 TBSP Jack Daniels
- In a large saucepan, sift in the golden caster sugar, making sure that the fine sugar crystals pass through and lumps are discarded.
- Pour in the condensed milk and whole milk into the sugar mixture in the center of the pan (making sure that it doesn’t slide down the side walls of the pan).
- Now, using your wooden spoon, mix together the sugar and milk so that the ingredients are not separated (again making sure that the mixture doesn’t brush against the side walls of the pan).
- Stir in the unsalted butter.
Top tip: If the ingredients do happen to have touched the sides, use the silicone pastry brush to brush the sides down.
- Place the saucepan onto a medium heat on top of your stove and begin your boiling process. Mix the ingredients only until the sugar has melted (the mixture should be smooth and not grainy). STOP stirring when you notice that the sugar has fully dissolved – you can tell when you lift the back of your spoon and the golden liquid is smooth.
- After 10 minutes you should see some bubbling on the whisky fudge mixture surface. Place your candy thermometer into the center “well” of the mixture and check to see if the fudge has reach the “soft ball” stage. Some candy thermometers have an attachment in which it can be attached to your saucepan.
- The fudge mixture should read 234 and 237 °F/ 112 and 114 °C on the candy thermometer, although this may take 15- 20 minutes to achieve. You should keep a steady eye on the fudge at all times.
- When it has reached the optimum temperature of 234 and 237 °F/ 112 and 114 °C, take the saucepan off the heat and place onto a heatproof surface.
- Having kept the candy thermometer in the fudge mixture, allow it to cool down to 109 to 113 °F/ 43 to 45 °C .
- When it has reached this cooler temperature, you can start to beat the fudge through, stirring and adding your Jack Daniels whiskey of choice.
Be aware: This Jack Daniels fudge mixture is still skin burning hot. Making fudge should be fun, but safety first!
- Beat the fudge until the mixture thickens and the shiny gloss becomes matte. We have a whole knowledge article about this process, which you can read more about here “Why Is My Fudge Shiny?“.
- Once, the fudge mixture has gone from a rich golden brown colour to a lighter shade of brown, the mixture should be thick and harder to beat. You can now pour this into your prepared baking pan.
- Press the mixture down evenly, using a silicone spatula.
- Let the fudge cool and set at room temperature for at least 3-4 hours.
- Slice into squares and serve.
Easy 4 ingredient Jack Daniels fudge
If you are craving chocolate fudge with a hint of whiskey booze then this recipe is for you. Sink your teeth into this thick chocolate fudge and savour the flavour whilst it coats your tongue and throat. Can you feel your sensations warming already?
Equipment and Tools for making Chocolate Whiskey Fudge
(see Amazon equipment and tool prices via links)
8×8 inch prepared baking tray lined with parchment paperPrint
Easy 4 ingredient Jack Daniels microwave fudge
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 mintues
- 4 cups Semi sweet chocolate chips (milk chocolate chips)
- 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 4 TSBP Jack Daniels Whiskey
- Start by mixing the Jack Daniels into the sweetened condensed milk. In the large microwave safe bowl, pour the the condensed milk in and mix with the Jack Daniels.
- Once those two have been combined, add your chocolate chips and butter to the large bowl.
- For 40 second intervals, melt the Jack Daniels fudge blend until it resembles a thicker mixture that no longer sticks to the spatula when you are mixing (mix the fudge every time you check on as it comes out the. microwave)
- Now you can transfer the fudge mixture into the prepared baking dish. Smooth with the spatula remembering to press evenly.
- Let it cool and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours to set.
- Once the fudge has set, cut into desired squares or pieces.
For more easy fudge recipes head to:
- Cocoa Powder Fudge Recipe | Chocolate fudge recipe without sweetened condensed
- How To Make Easy Fudge
Is fudge the same as chocolate?
Fudge is not the same as chocolate. Though chocolate fudge can be very similar in taste to chocolate as one of its primary ingredients would have been chocolate, they are most definitely not the same.
Fudge can be flavoured with many different flavourings and extract as its a neutral candy. Fudge is a candy, however chocolate is a chocolate funnily enough.
The main difference between fudge and chocolate is the texture. Fudge has a soft, chewy and crumbly texture (depending on the type of fudge); whereas chocolate has a brittle snappy texture which melts on your tongue.
What exactly is fudge?
Fudge is a boiled soft candy; sometimes hard and crumbly. It is a sugar based confectionary item that is made by boiling sugar, milk and butter to 234 and 237 °F/ 112 and 114 °C before cooling to 109 to 113 °F/ 43 to 45 °C to be beaten.
This is what gives fudge its unique texture – the temperatures and the beating method.
How do you make Jack Daniels fudge in the microwave?
You can make Jack Daniels fudge in the microwave by melting chocolate, condensed milk, butter and Jack Daniels in a large bowl. When the ingredients have been combined and thoroughly melted, it should be a thick fudge like consistency. Set it up in the fridge and within 4 hours the fudge should be ready to cut and serve – delicious.
Due to the alcohol content, this is another fudge recipe designed specifically with grown ups in mind. You may prefer this recipe over the last whisky fudge recipe as the beloved Jack Daniels has an authentic charcoal taste, all the way from Tennessee.
A bite of either of these Jack Daniels fudge recipes will set you up for a good night, especially when served as dessert.
For more delicious fudge recipes, read these: