We know you’ll be delighted with our dark chocolate and sea salt fudge fudge recipe. It encompasses the perfect balance of the rich bittersweet tones of chocolate, softened by the delicate yet delicious sea salt flavor.
You can make your own homemade sea salted dark chocolate fudge with just a few handful of simple pantry ingredients.
And the good news about this dark chocolate fudge recipe is, that all the ingredients used are friendly for those lactose intolerant or on a dairy free diet. Ideal for the whole family!
Dark chocolate fudge with sea salt recipe
Here is our step by step guide on how to take your dairy free chocolate fudge to the next level using this recipe that includes ingredients such as espresso powder and sea salt.
Coffee will enhance and elevate the dark chocolate flavoring, whilst the sea salt will balance the sweetness of the fudge – making it the perfect juxtaposition. Alternatively, you can use semi-sweet chocolate chips and dairy based sweetened condensed milk if you do not have any allergies or intolerances.
For this recipe you do not need to use a candy thermometer, as dealing with chocolate fudge is not as temperamental as traditional fudge recipes.
Additionally, you can add chopped nuts for added texture.
- Microwave safe glass bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Silicone spatula
- Fine mesh sieve
- 6X6 Baking tin lined with baking parchment paper
- An airtight container
- Start by grabbing a bowl and pour in your chocolate chips.
- Add in the vegan condensed milk and coconut oil.
- Place and heat in the microwave for 40 seconds on a medium heat.
- Using your silicone spatula give the chocolate a stir.
- Repeat step 3 and 4 until the chocolate has melted through.
- Once the chocolate chips have melted, the mixture will become thick and fudgey in texture.
- At this point, sift your powdered sugar and espresso powder into the fudge mixture and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Sprinkle in the sea salt flakes and fold it in.
- Drop the mixture into the baking tin lined with parchment paper and pat the fudge into the corners to evenly distribute.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before adding the additional chocolate chips and a sprinkling of sea salt on top to garnish.
- Allow to cool completely before letting in set in the refrigerator.
- Set for 2/3 hours.
- Once it has set, remove from the baking tin and onto a cutting board. Cut 6 by 6 to give you 36 small pieces.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2/3 weeks in the refrigerator.
What can I substitute sweetened condensed milk with?
There are few options in which you can substitute sweetened condensed milk in a fudge recipe with:
Vegan condensed milk
Coconut cream condensed milk
What is flaked sea salt?
Flaked sea salt is created through the mechanical process of pressing sea salt to flatten into flakes.
What can I use instead of sea salt flakes?
Instead of using sea salt flakes, you can use a pinch of of table salt as it is more fine than salt flakes.
If you’re thinking of making a sweet homemade gift this Christmas then look no further than this dark chocolate fudge. It’s time to get holiday baking!
At Call Me Fudge we have been making this year after year for friends and family, and it is always a major hit! Through the use of just a few ingredients this flavor combination is pure heaven.
For more fudge recipes using simple ingredients take a look at our other blogs for some baking inspiration: