As we gradually move into October, autumn has firmly planted its leaves on the ground. With autumn, a new season of fudge is about to become.
Chocolate and peanut butter the ultimate combination and offers the perfect sweetness. This fudge is sweet and salty with a crunch and chew that calls for more.
If by any chance you’re allergic to peanuts, check out our other rocky road fudge recipe– we know you’ll love.
This peanut butter rocky road fudge is a big hit for peanut butter fans and those who love chocolate!
Read on to find out how you can make your own batch at home…
How to make peanut butter rocky road fudge
In this recipe we use milk chocolate chips, shortcake biscuits and crunchy peanut butter to make this fudge.
At Call Me Fudge, we pride ourselves on our easy recipes and for this peanut butter rocky road fudge there no candy thermometer needed.
Instead, just be prepared to stir the fudge mixture a bunch of times as it whirls around the microwave.
- Microwave safe bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Silicone spatula
- 6×6 Baking tin or prepared pan lined with baking parchment
- 4 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup shortcake biscuits/ butter biscuits
- Break and crush your biscuits up using a rolling pin and bashing them in your bowl. Once the biscuits start to resemble broken rubble, place them in a bowl and leave to one side.
- Measure out your milk chocolate chips and add them to your microwave safe bowl, alongside the can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Pop the chocolate and condensed milk into the microwave in short 40 second bursts, making sure to stir with your spatula everytime as it starts to melt. This is to ensure your chocolate doesn’t burn.
- When the chocolate has melted and the mixture has thickened you can add the butter and golden syrup, and stir again until smooth.
- Sieve through your dry ingredients (powdered sugar and cocoa powder) and mix thoroughly.
- Leave the fudge to cool slightly for 5 minutes, this is to prevent the peanut butter from separating its oils.
- Once chocolate fudge mix has cooled down, you can stir in your broken biscuits and peanut butter to make your rocky road fudge (not to mention the mini marshmallows and peanut butter morsels too if you are using them). Fold to combine the ingredients.
- Take the mixture and pour into the baking tin. Press the fudge down your spatula to spread the fudge evenly. You can add any remaining marshmallows to the top for decoration.
- Leave to cool completely before allowing it to set in the refrigerator.
- Let it set in the refrigerator for 2/3 hours.
- When it has set you can cut the fudge into squares using a large sharp knife and a cutting board.
- You should be able to get 36 pieces of delicious peanut butter rocky road fudge from this recipe, with 6 rows down and 6 rows across.
- Make sure you store the peanut butter rocky road in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks – refrigerated.
We hope you enjoy making this peanut butter rocky road fudge. Whether you make this ready for halloween or give it as a present to friends or family they are bound to go nuts over this easy recipe.
Love this peanut butter and chocolate fudge combination? Check out some of our other favorite recipes: