- A can of sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups Semi- sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 TBSP Corn syrup
- Start off by preparing the powdered sugar by sifting it through the fine mesh sieve in a bowl in order to remove and discard any lumps for a smooth fudge.
- In the large mixing bowl, put in the semi-sweet chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and butter.
- Place the bowl into the microwave and heat the chocolate fudge mixture at 40 second blasts on high. Cooking the fudge in short periods prevents any chocolate from catching and getting burned. Burnt chocolate tastes rancid so look out for any burnt bits just incase!
- Stir this mixture occasionally, when the chocolate chips start to melt.
- Once all of the ingredients have melted, you will start to see the fudge mixture thicken and slide off your spatula without sticking.
- Stir in the powdered sugar, making sure it has dissolved in the fudge mixture evenly.
- Pour the fudge mixture into the prepared pan. Smooth and press the mixture into the baking tray evenly with the spatula.
- Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Cut into even squares and serve.