- Begin by placing the 4 cups of leftover chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips to the bowl, along with condensed milk and butter.
- Melt in the microwave for 40 seconds and remove regularly, making sure to mix throughly with the silicone spatula to ensure that the chocolate has not burned.
- Once the ingredients melt, add in the corn syrup and stir to mix in.
- Let the mixture cool a little for about 5-10 minutes as this end up melting the rest of the leftover chocolates. Unless you didn’t want to keep the different elements whole.
- Now throw in the rest of your ingredients and give it all a good mix. When mixed the additional topping should be coated with fudge.
- Then, chuck it all into the prepared baking tray and pat the mixture down evenly. It doesn’t have to be smooth on top, hence the name rocky road. Just so that everyone will get a portions of everything.
- Decorate with topping of your choice. Press them down; still leaving their top on show.
- Let it cool completely and then place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Before cutting it, let it sit out for 10 minutes, though this sounds counter intuitive from letting it set it will make cutting less labor intensive.
- Cut and serve using a cutting board and a sharp knife. Some people choose to cut this up roughly so there are big and small chunks. Others try to be fair although this recipe should make approx. 36 servings.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.